Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tomato and Chicken Pesto Pizza

HAPPY SUNDAY! Tomorrow I have to go back to work. I'm sad. But at least I topped off my week of "vacation" with a great weekend. I say "vacation" because it's not like I went anywhere this week other than taking Brody to school. Except for going to the "Garden of Olives" (Olive Garden) Friday night and then Publix, Sam's Club, and Wally World yesterday! By the way how awesome is Sam's Club?? Where else can you buy a container of cheese balls almost as big as your 2 year old? 

Honey Boo Boo wouldn't know what to do with herself! 

I had intended on just getting a picture of Brody with the cheese balls, however, he had other plans which included us taking them home. He also insisted on trying to do flips in front of this older couple who thought he was the funniest thing to ever walk this planet. That crazy kid. Oh and you know how they give out samples on weekends? Well I asked for one for Brody and the guy turned to Brody and was like "Do you think your sister would like one too? Haha!" Um, am I really getting old enough for jokes like that? 

So last night we babysat Brody's girlfriend and had my niece and nephew over to visit with my grandparent's that were also here. My grandmother asked that I make homemade pizza for dinner and since pizza dough was B1G1 at Publix, it was a win-win! One of the pizza's I made was my favorite pizza inspired by one of the flatbreads at Tropical Smoothie, chicken pesto.



Tomato and Chicken Pesto Pizza


Pizza Dough, I recommend the dough at Publix in the bakery area
1/3 cup Pesto, or more depending on how much sauce you like your pizza to have
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 Roma Tomato, diced
Grilled Chicken, diced, we keep Tyson's grilled chicken chunks on hand, which works great for stuff like this

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pizza dough as thick or as thin as you like. Spread pesto into an even layer across dough, then mozzarella cheese. Put tomatos and chicken on top of the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.


By the way, I gained a few pounds on my vacation... Way more than I want to count. So hubs, this time... 
I am going on a diet, forreal!!


And get ready for the cutest picture EVER. Your heart is about to melt...

This is Brody and his girlfriend, LaRae, as they were watching Veggie Tales last night. So adorable.

P.S. Can we talk about how Brody has a love for "matos" (tomatos)? Anytime he sees one, he has to eat it. He even picked them off of the pizza while I was making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment