Saturday, September 29, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies

Tonight for dinner we had a houseful so I made a homemade pizza buffet and my favorite go to dessert that was changed up a little. I'm pretty sure I'm about to die but at least I'm going to die a happy camper.

My absolute favorite go to dessert for a group gathering is this super easy thing I found on Pinterest whenever I first started pinning. It is literally brownie batter topped with cookie dough and baked for about 45 minutes. It just might be Heaven in the closest form. Anyway, I've seen pins where people put Oreo's and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in between the layers so I thought, chocolate and peanut butter are one of the greatest combinations EVER, maybe this time I will try something a little different...

And for this, I am truly sorry.



Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For the brownies:
1 box brownie mix
About 16 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, more if you use mini's

Make brownies according to package directions. Pour batter into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Lay Reese's on top of the brownie batter. 

For the Peanut Butter Cookie on top (you could also use the pre-made peanut butter cookie dough):
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well. When combined, put on top of the Reese's in an even layer. Bake for 40-50 minutes. 

When you take it out of the oven it should still be a little soft, you won't think it is cooked all the way through but I promise it will be fine. It will harden a little more as it cools and it will be perfect!


Make sure you stop by tomorrow for my Tomato and Chicken Pesto Pizza. It's the bomb, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment